Hudson River Park's Science on the River
A Free outdoor environmental science festival for all ages!
- Saturday, August 18th, 11am-4pm
- At Hudson River Park's Pier 84 (44th st.)
Science on the River is an enriching waterfront experience featuring hands-on demonstrations, kid-friendly experiments, and research organizations showcasing their work. This event is sure to excite the scientist within.
Explore current environmental science issues with research groups such as Lamont-Doherty Earth Observatory, The River Project, NY/NJ Baykeeper, dlandstudio, New York State Department of Environmental Conservation, and more! Take part in recycled crafts organized by Children's Museum of the Arts, go fishing with the staff of the Hudson River Park, and witness the majesty of live hawk flights courtesy of Talons! A Bird of Prey Experience. Or simply sit back and enjoy Betty and the Baby Boomers, a folk band who continues Pete Seeger's tradition of integrating music and Hudson River activism.
Science on the River is guaranteed to be a fun and educational experience that the whole family can enjoy! Visit www.hudsonriverpark.org for more information.
- 11:30 – 12:30pm Betty and the Baby Boomers' First Set
- 12:30 – 1pm Hawk Flight with Talons! A Bird of Prey Experience
- 1 – 1:30pm Hudson River Fish Anatomy with Hudson River Park Educators
- 1:30 – 2:30pm Betty and the Baby Boomers' Second Set
- 2:30-3pm Hawk Flight with Talons! A Bird of Prey Experience
- 3 – 3:30pm Hudson River Fish Anatomy with Hudson River Park Educators